Qualified Offshore Rigger
This 2-day course will hone the skills necessary for the student to meet the requirements as outlined by API RP 2D for Qualified Rigger. Student Maximum is 8.
This course is for those personnel that want to meet qualifications under the requirements of API RP 2D for Qualified Rigger.
Employer will verify that students comply with physical requirements in accordance with API RP 2D. Hands-on training will be included. It is expected that the student will supply the necessary personal protection equipment such as gloves, hard hat, safety glasses and steel toe boots.
Upon the completion of this course the students should be able to:
- Explain risk management
- Coordinate and develop lift plans
- Demonstrate and understand rigging gear inspection and maintenance
- Demonstrate proficiency in using hand signals
- Demonstrate rigging competency
Module 1: Introduction
- Definitions and terminology
Module 2: Risk Management and Safety
- MMS PINC's list as related to rigging
Module 3: Rigging
Module 4: Hands-On Exercises
- Hand Signals
- Rigging gear components
- Lifting devices
- Pad eyes
- Pallet lifters
- Spreader bars
- JSA, JSEA and JHA Completion
- Formulating Lift Plans
- Sling Angle Calculations
- Inspection of Rigging Gear
- Radio Operation / Protocol
- Student hands-on competency evaluation
Module 5: Written Test
For more information, please call 985.868.6004 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.