Fail-Safe Drum Brake
- Seatrax offshore marine cranes use spring-applied, pressure-released, external band brakes
- Act directly on the hoist drum
- External mechanism, easily inspected, adjusted and serviced
Fail-Safe Drum Brake Actuators
- Easy to access
- Simple to service
- Brakes activate automatically when hydraulic pressure drops
Hoist Brake System
- Brake band lined with conventional, non-asbestos lining and constructed with a rotary bearing on the low tension end and a threaded anchor on the high tension end
- One-piece cam shaft used to apply force to the low tension end of the brake band
- Link bar connects the lever arm to the output rod of the brake actuator
- Brake actuator consists of a conical spring, an output rod and a hydraulic release cylinder
- Three-position, spring-centered, pilot operated, shuttle valve controls the operation of the brake actuator.
For more information, access our technical papers or call 713.896.6500.